Al Rabeeh is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Assistant Head in charge of Special Educational Needs to work within the Primary section.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school teams are pioneering teachers striving for the highest standards, to provide our children with the best possible curriculum within the context of the UAE, every day.
Al Rabeeh is an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Our Assistant Head in charge of Special Educational Needs will have a crucial role within Al Rabeeh as the person that will coordinate all the support for our students to ensure they acquire the relevant learning they need to achieve their aspirations. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh, schools with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students in order to affect rapid progress.
Applicants must be fluent English speaking, hold a relevant degree in Special Education and teaching, and have a minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience in schools that follow the British National curriculum.
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Fluent English Speaker
- Relevant degree in Special Education and UK recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a British Curriculum school
- Experience of current UK SEN initiatives and pedagogy
- Innovative teaching and learning practices
- IT proficient, in order to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences/digital literacy
- Strong focus on pastoral care ensuring the needs of each student is met
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
- Annual return air ticket/allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward your CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: Friday, 15th June 2018. Video conferencing or telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.