We are seeking to appoint a confident, professional and strategic thinking Assistant Head (Standards & Action Research) to join our Senior Leadership Team. This new role will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for a current Assistant Head, or a motivated Head of Department, to contribute to strategic direction and outcomes on a whole school scale. A key part of the role will be to embed, across the school, a quality culture which strives for excellence and outstanding performance in all aspects of provision.
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Head who has:
- a thorough understanding of current educational developments and a clear grasp of issues relating to education in general to identify and celebrate best practice across the school and sixth form
- the experience as a current Assistant Head or Head of Department, to demonstrate a secure, proven track record of delivering excellent levels of achievement, and implementation of whole school initiatives
- the ability to develop and implement plans, that will improve the quality of teaching and learning across the school, helping colleagues to become instrumental in the development of outstanding performance across all of aspects of provision
- the drive, commitment and personal resilience to make a tangible difference as an Assistant Head in a large and ambitious school
- the integrity, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, pupils and parents and reflect the ethos and aims of our school
Ofsted describe Woldgate School as a ‘…calm and purposeful place’. It is a school with a distinct vision for education, based on shared values, where every child is known and cared for as an individual. We are a school with a positive, welcoming and warm atmosphere, in which students take pride in their school and achievements.
We can offer:
- An exciting, new role with the opportunity to develop and progress within a supportive, experienced and committed SLT
- The opportunity to make a difference on a whole school perspective
- A supportive governing body, who are committed to raising standard
- A school with a strong community ethos, situated at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds, but within commuting distance from the historic City of York, Leeds and Hull
- Motivated staff and students, who take great pride in our school
Full details and an application form are available at www.woldgate.net
Completed applications should be forwarded to Jo Brighton, Head of Personnel & Staff Wellbeing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018
The position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Woldgate School as part of Wolds Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all out staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1074. A DBS enhanced disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of employment.