Assistant Head Teacher: Director of Sixth Form
- £49,685 rising to £54,787 (GH Leadership Scale points L10-L14, 2018-19) Note: salary figures include a cost of living increase of 1% which is subject to variation.
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- 1st September 2018
- Apply by:
- 19 February 2018
CLOSING DATE: Monday 19th February at 9.00am
START DATE: 1st September 2018
SCHOOL TOURS: Thursday 8th February 2018 (by appointment)
INTERVIEWS: Friday 23rd February 2018
- Are you highly respected and able to galvanise people around you?
- Can you provide visionary thinking throughout a change process?
- Do you possess high emotional intelligence and resilience?
- Do you relish a challenge?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then Gildredge House wants to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Assistant Head Teacher: Director of Sixth Form for our expanding 4-19 free school.
Our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement (June 2015) was only the start of the story. The challenge is to sustain and embed this excellence through every aspect of Gildredge House as it grows to full capacity in 2019/20.
In order to help deliver our vision we are looking to appoint an excellent Director of Sixth Form who is committed to the activities of marketing, recruitment and retention in order to realise our vision of a first class post-16 experience.
Within this context, the newly-created role of Assistant Head Teacher: Director of Sixth Form represents a remarkable, exciting and possibly unique professional opportunity. You will help us continue to build on the success of our school, with a keen eye on developing our Sixth Form offer in our rapidly growing organisation.
As member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team, you will contribute strategic and logistical skills in support of the school’s aims and development planning. If you are ambitious for progression in Senior Leadership – as aspiring Deputy Head Teacher or Head Teacher - then this role will provide a fertile environment for leadership development at the highest level of the establishment.
Salary range: £49,685 rising to £54,787 (GH Leadership Scale points L10-L14, 2018-19)
Note: salary figures include a cost of living increase of 1% which is subject to variation.
Teaching: 0.3<0.5 of a secondary teaching timetable, depending on subject(s) offered.
At Gildredge House each individual is known and valued. Students are inspired to discover their passions and realise their academic potential, taking advantage of an effective system of monitoring and support. The school's ethos and pastoral care systems are crucial to this and we pride ourselves on offering a caring and enriching environment for both students and staff.
Gildredge House offers:
- continuity of education for boys and girls aged 4-19
- an expectation of high academic standards leading to Sixth Form studies
- smaller than average class sizes
- strong discipline
- student leadership programmes
- excellent pastoral care
- an extended school day for older students
- supervised prep
- a broad range of extra-curricular activities
- parent and community involvement
Our school motto: 'Aspire'
If you are interested in the position please download the Application Pack on our website at www.gildredgehouse.org.uk/vacancies/
Please complete the Application for Employment and References & Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com by 9.00am on Monday 19th February.
If you wish to discuss the post further, or arrange for a tour of the school and meet the Head Teacher, Mr S Reeves, please contact the PA to the Head Teacher, Miss K Richardson, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Gildredge House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment with the school are subject to pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, a satisfactory Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check and a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
About Gildredge House
- Gildredge House
- Compton Place Road, Eastbourne
- East Sussex
- BN20 8AB
- United Kingdom
Our vision - Aspire, in all that we do.
At Gildredge House, our vision is clear and underpinned by a strong value-based education where learning in and out of the classroom is prioritised, to support students to achieve their potential and beyond. We have the highest aspirations for our school and every member of our school community.
Our vision is to be a school that:
- Aspires for balanced students who flourish through opportunities and learning experiences in and outside the classroom.
- Aspires toward a culture of care and wellbeing, which results in optimal conditions for learning.
- Aspires to be proud of the Gildredge House way, our uniform and attendance.
- Aspires for all students to achieve their potential and beyond.
- Aspires for an inclusive, all-through, values-based curriculum.
- Aspires for students to understand their responsibility to be global citizens, contributing to a better world.
- Aspires to celebrate students’ individual and collective achievements.
- Aspires to engage young people in environmental education and action.
- Aspires for a strong careers programme which supports students in further education, training, and employment.
- Aspires to work collaboratively within our local, national, and global communities.
At Gildredge House, the strategic plan and vision for our school is underpinned by a values-based education. Our stakeholders have discussed, collaborated and developed this thinking to create six core values that we believe, ensure our students aspire and achieve success. We believe that this creates a strong learning environment that enhances personal and academic achievement whilst also developing students' social and relationship skills that will last throughout their lives. A positive learning environment is achieved through the positive values modelled by all members of our community from Reception to Year 13, Teachers to Parents. Our curriculum is developed with our Aspire values in mind and we recognise and reward students when they demonstrate them.
The Gildredge House Way
Our school is founded upon high standards and high expectations of students’ attitude to learning. We expect a commitment from all students to the Gildredge House Way, in being Ready, Respectful and Safe, in and out of every lesson. We also believe it is important celebrate individual and collective achievements through a culture of ‘catching students in’.
Gildredge House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment with the school are subject to pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check .
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.