Becton Community Special School
Becton School, Kenwood Centre and Hospital and Outreach Education Service.
Supporting the Becton Centre for Children and Young People
Assistant Head Teacher
L9 - L13 ( £47,492 - £ 52,405)
Permanent - Full time
Start date : As soon as possible
The Governing Body is looking to appoint an inspirational and energetic Assistant Headteacher to work alongside our newly appointed Headteacher, leading Becton School through an exciting time of growth and change.
Becton is a multi-site school with each location hosting a different cohort of pupils. Our staff work alongside NHS colleagues at both our Becton site itself and at the Sheffield Children’s Hospital, while there is no NHS presence at our Kenwood Centre - largely for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils with autistic spectrum disorder - nor at our Outreach provision at our Moncrieffe Road premises.
This role will involve leading on data across all four sites and line managing the Becton site which was opened in September 2010 and provides education for young people attending the Becton Centre; a regional service for children and young people with serious or complex mental health problems. The school operates within a multi-disciplinary framework; working closely with a wide range of professional including psychiatrists, psychologists, doctors, nurses and therapists.
What we want from our candidate:
- An outstanding senior teacher, with middle leadership experience or an existing Assistant Headteacher seeking a new challenge;
- A talented and influential leader, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement, and to our values and aims;
- A highly effective classroom practitioner who can inspire and coach colleagues to work at their best, and create innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- An ability to collate, analyse and evaluate complex data across a range of cohorts.
- A people manager and decision maker who will challenge the status quo and has the emotional intelligence and good humour to take others with them.
What we can offer you:
- A vibrant, welcoming and friendly school, well established, and with good practices;
- A talented and experienced staff team committed to giving our students the best opportunities;
- A highly supportive and committed governing body;
- A chance to improve the lives of young people with complex and serious mental health issues.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you are the exceptional leader we are seeking, we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can call James Gibson Head Teacher, on 0114 3053121 for an informal discussion about the role.
You are very welcome and encouraged to visit the school. Please contact Mrs Judith Bradshaw (Heads PA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0114 305 3121 to arrange a visit.
Completed application forms should be sent to the following email : email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Midday on Tuesday 6th of February 2018
SHORTLISTING DATE: Wednesday 7th February 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 14th of February 2018