If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking Senior Leader, with an interest in leading Sixth Form and Transitions and have a commitment to SEN and outstanding leadership,
Then we would love to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Head teacher (AHT)
HOURS: Full Time
SALARY/ GRADE: L9 – L13
START DATE: 1st September 2019
ABOUT UPLANDS SCHOOL:
Uplands School is an outstanding secondary school for students, aged 11- 19, with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. We are a vibrant and caring community co-located within a learning campus.
Uplands School aims to ensure that all students have the following:
• a vibrant and caring community where independent and interdependent life skills are developed to ensure students reach their full potential
• innovative and stimulating learning experiences and opportunities
• a truly inclusive school where all contributions are celebrated and valued
• effective communication
• exceptional care, support and guidance in a safe and nurturing community
• a unique and flexible curriculum, designed to maximise student engagement and progress
• to be supported and enabled to contribute to their own lives and their community
• excellent partnerships and transitions during their learning journey into adulthood
• exceptionally high staff to student ratios with highly experienced specialist staff
• access to a broad range of innovative provisions and resources such as the farm and the school shops
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking Senior Leader, with particular responsibility for the Sixth Form and Transitions. Commitment to SEN and outstanding leadership are essential requirements for this post. The post will have a teaching commitment and may include safeguarding responsibilities at deputy DSL level. We are a strong leadership team and training will be provided where necessary.
WE OFFER YOU:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers;
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and students within it.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check, references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities.
DETAILS FROM: Brunel SEN MAT
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 25th April 2019
INTERVIEWS: We anticipate that interviews will take place on the 9th May 2019
Visits to the school are strong recommended and warmly welcomed by prior arrangement. Please contact the school on 01793 493 910 to arrange a visit.
Uplands School, Tadpole Lane, Swindon, SN25 2NB
Emma Horton – HR Assistant
Phone: 01793 286635