Assistant Headteacher: Required for 1st September 2019
Governors are keen to appoint a well qualified and suitably experienced individual to the post of Assistant Headteacher. Wirral Grammar School is a selective 11-18 entry school on the Wirral Peninsular. The School is popular and oversubscribed.
The following sets out the broad areas of responsibility. These will be divided into two phases to indicate the evolving nature of the role.
Initially, key roles and tasks will include:
- Responsibility for the organisation and effective operation of performance management arrangements for both teaching and support staff.
- Organisation of staff professional development arrangements.
- Responsibility for staff induction.
- Responsibility for supporting newly qualified teaching staff through their induction year.
- Organisation of staff training linked to school improvement priorities.
- Organisation of the school reporting and progress monitoring calendar.
- Monitoring of pupils’ access to extra-curricular provision.
- Organisation of the arrangements for the occasional mid-year admission.
- Organisation of the Annual Awards Ceremony in Summer Term.
- Assisting the Senior Deputy Headteacher with school development planning.
- Assisting with the preparation of the school timetable.
- Other duties as agreed with the Headteacher/Senior Deputy Headteacher
Eventually, the key roles and tasks will further develop to include:
- Timetable organisation, production, communication and maintenance
- Organisation of option arrangements and allocation of pupils to groups.
- Develop and maintain arrangements for pupil tracking and assessment.
- Provide guidance and support in relation to school performance data.
- Monitoring of school progress and assessment data and related interventions.
- Generation of data reports for use by senior staff, Heads of Department, Heads of Year and Governors.
- Available on the days of GCSE and A Level results publications to organise results download into analysis software.
- Monitoring of homework setting arrangements.
- Analysis and presentation of results reports on both GCSE and A Level results.
- Other duties as agreed with Headteacher/Senior Deputy Headteacher.
The Job Description and Person Specification are outlined in full in our Application Pack. Our ideal applicant will have the following key attributes in relation to the requirements of the post:
- Broad middle leadership experience with clear evidence of very successful outcomes for students.
- Whole school experience that evidences the ability to lead and motivate others and have a positive impact in terms of outcomes for pupils beyond the immediacy of a single curriculum area.
- Very recently completed and/or current professional development that is aimed at preparation for school leadership at a senior level.
- An excellent communicator as evidenced through a lead on whole school staff development.
- A highly effective problem solver with the ability to think objectively and strategically and be able to evidence this in a current role.
- An ability to develop and utilise systems for processing and analysing pupil data.
- An ability to plan school timetable.
- A breadth of school leadership experience in at least two schools.
- A determination to progress to Headship.
Full details of our person specification can be read in the Job Description and Candidate Information document. Wirral Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply click on the link below.
The completed WGSB application form, WGSB Self Disclosure Form and covering letter (as detailed in the application process of the Job Description and Candidate Information document) should be sent to Mrs Tanya Fry, Headteacher's PA: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25th February 2019 at 12noon. For further information on the school please visit our website at www.wirralgrammarboys.com