The Governors are seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher. You would be responsible for the overall teaching and learning process and to be the whole school CPD lead with the ability to join a team of professionals working with a range of complex needs including profound and multiple learning difficulties and autism.
Elms Bank is an outstanding and highly successful generic secondary special school for pupils aged 11-19. Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs is essential. We are looking for a colleague who will demonstrate a high level of commitment to these special young people.
- Have extensive experience and skills in working with pupils with a range of special educational needs and be passionate about helping all our young people to achieve their full potential.
- Be able to demonstrate how their work has had a significant impact on the whole school as part of a senior leadership team.
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice and be able to lead outstanding teaching and learning.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, leadership and management skills.
- Have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and other professionals.
- Have a strong commitment to innovative pastoral development, pupil support and staff development.
- Oversee a significant area of curriculum co-ordination.
- Be well organised, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Have excellent leadership skills and be able to hold people to account.
- Lead and oversee the induction process for all staff.
- To be the deputy safeguarding lead.
- Be lead NQT/ITT/School’s Direct or other training mentor.
- Lead whole school teaching and learning, CPD and induction procedures.
- Lead whole school quality assurance on teaching and learning.
- Lead whole school Teaching and Learning Inset/training/coaching procedures.
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who have ambitions for leadership and are ready for a post which has a high level of challenge. You will be part of an excellent team and will be given extensive support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond. Applications from colleagues who meet the criteria are welcome from mainstream or special settings.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Monday 25th March and Tuesday 26th March 2019.
Employees of Elms Bank Specialist Arts College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms are downloadable from here. Completed application forms are returnable to Mrs O Langley-Sadler, Head of School, at email@example.com or posted to Elms Bank Specialist Arts College, Ripon Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester M45 8PJ
By 9:00am on Monday 18th March 2018.