Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious and inspirational senior leader with a proven track record of success. We require an outstanding teacher capable of inspiring, motivating and supporting students and staff to achieve their full potential. The exact responsibilities of the post will be dependent on the strengths of the successful candidate.
Assistant Headteachers will have the opportunity to rotate responsibilities to ensure the broadest professional development.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- are committed to improving the lives of young people
- have excellent interpersonal , organisation and communication skills
- are able to lead, motivate and inspire students and staff
- have the energy, resilience and determination to succeed.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features [Ofsted, 2015] which continues to rapidly improve.
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- We are conveniently located for quick and easy access to London, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
- Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the Princes Teaching Institute.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of excellence’. Why not join us?
For details and an application form visit our website: www.highdown.reading.sch.uk
Please return your completed application form to Miss Nicci Burns, Headteacher’s PA, by email on email@example.com
Closing date: Midday, Monday 19 March 2018
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.