Employer: Mills Hill Primary School
Closing Date: 7th February 2018
Salary: £42398 - £46799 per annum. [L4-L8]
Our children are looking for a new assistant headteacher who will work in partnership with our fantastic school staff. They want someone who is able to:
· Embrace our Enquiring Mind and Caring Hearts ethos.
· Foster our 3Ps (Presentation, Punctuality and Politeness) and 3As (Ambition, Attitude and Active) within the children.
· Show positive qualities including: being a good communicator, kind, caring and helpful.
· Interact with children, who have made a wrong choice in a fair and firm manner, helping that child to learn from their mistakes, to move forward and grow (Growth Mindset approach).
· Bring unique qualities and experiences to the school e.g. hobbies, places they may have visited, memories and skills.
· Inspire both staff and children to be the best version of themselves and to reach for goals/dreams, conquering challenges with perseverance and determination.
· Show perseverance and determination themselves, because we learn in a school that is driven to be better today than what we were yesterday. They have to want to learn themselves and better themselves, progressing in their own career.
· Show care, love and support for children and their families who may be experiencing challenging times e.g. mental health, behaviour problems, broken families.
· To finish, this person has to be fun, creative, up for the challenge and enjoy being part of our School Family!
Our Governors are looking for someone who:
Ø Is motivated and passionate about children and their learning
Ø Can model, demonstrate and promote outstanding classroom practice
Ø Has high standards and a commitment to ensuring all pupils achieve to their full potential
Ø Is visionary and innovative with the passion and drive to lead our team of highly skilled professionals
Ø Will work with our children and families to help them develop enquiring minds and caring hearts
Ø Has a clear vision for raising standards and motivating others to achieve the school’s aims
Ø Has experience of leading, managing and implementing change and is excited about being a leader through a period of change
We can offer:
Ø A committed, hardworking team who strive to provide the best education for all children
Ø An opportunity to work with enthusiastic and motivated children
Ø A supportive and professional working environment where everybody’s views are valued and important
Ø High quality Continuous Professional Development opportunities with a focus on collaborative learning and leadership
If you are determined, ambitious and excited about all pupils learning and succeeding, and you meet our requirements, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. There will be planned visits to school on 24th Jan at 9.30am, 31st Jan at 2pm and 5th Feb at 9.30am.
Please contact the school office manager, Mrs O’Brien (0161-624-1133) to arrange a visit.
Application packs are available from the school on request and completed applications should be returned to the Business Manager.
Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced Criminal Record Check, via the DBS. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all members of staff to share this commitment.