Number on roll 1321 (with 230 in the Sixth Form)
Required for April/September 2019
The governors of this popular, over-subscribed, Catholic school are looking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious, senior leader with a proven track record of success. We require an outstanding teacher capable of inspiring, motivating and supporting students and staff to achieve their full potential. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader able to strategically lead on an aspect of school improvement – the specific areas of responsibility will be determined by the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Have commitment to and an understanding of Catholic education.
- Has a proven record of successful senior or middle leadership in their current role.
- Are committed to improving the outcomes for all our students.
- Have a proven ability to work in partnership with staff, learners and their parents/carers offering support and challenge.
- Are able to lead, motivate and inspire students and staff.
- Have the energy, resilience and determination to succeed.
- Be a creative and strategic thinker, able to see through and sustain initiatives.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and inter-personal skills.
Cardinal Newman is a highly successful 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to the future success of the school. We are located within easy access of all areas of Coventry and commutable from surrounding areas such as Birmingham, Solihull, Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield.
Further details about the post and an application pack are also available from the school website. Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Headteacher, Mrs Marina Kelly, informally to discuss the post and visits to our school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to visit us in advance of applying, please contact Ms S Harris, Headteacher’s PA, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 024 76 332382.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Chair of Governors at the email address above.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28 January 2019 at 9.00am
Interview date: Tuesday 5 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance.