The precise strategic and operational focus for the post will be finalised after the appointment has been made in order to maximise the strengths of the successful candidate.
West Coventry Academy is a highly successful school with a distinctive character and ethos. Our dedicated and talented staff are committed to ensuring that we make a difference, in any way that we can, to both our young people and our community. We are passionate about providing opportunities for all our students to achieve and our motto of ‘Enjoy, Achieve, Aspire’ encapsulates our school where every individual is encouraged to be the best they can be. We are proud of the extracurricular provision that we are able to offer, and we work hard to give our students plenty of opportunities to develop their confidence and creativity, both in and out of lessons.
Our strong and supportive Pastoral System is at the heart of everything we do at West Coventry Academy. We want our young people to be happy, confident, curious, and resilient learners. We know that this can only happen if relationships, built on trust and mutual respect, are central to all aspects of our work. When young people feel safe and secure, everything is possible, and we promise to do our utmost to make sure that every student achieves their full potential and leaves school prepared for the next stage in their development.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is committed to the Academy’s values of Enjoy, Achieve and Aspire
• has high levels of energy, enthusiasm and resilience
• has a proven track record of high expectations, raising standards and driving outcomes as successful senior or middle leader
• has a proven ability to work in partnership with staff, student and their families offering both support and challenge
• is able to lead, motivate and inspire students and staff
• is a creative and strategic thinker, able to see through and sustain initiatives
• has excellent communication and organisational skills
In return, we can offer you:
• A competitive salary which reflects your experience and expertise
• Exceptional colleagues who will support you to be your best
• A highly inclusive Academy, ambitious for every student to achieve their full potential.
• An incredibly supportive local community.
Further information including the Academy’s prospectus is available on the schools website: http://www.westcoventryacademy.org/default.aspx
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: Leadership Scale, Points L14 – L18
Start Date: September 2020
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 27th March 2020
Interviews to be held week commencing 30th March 2020
All applications are returnable to: email@example.com (only electronic applications will be considered.)
Please also include a letter no longer than 1000 words outlining how your experience to date has prepared you for Assistant Headship and describing a whole school initiative you have led in your current school and the impact it made.