Assistant Headteacher - Director of Sixth Form
The Joseph Rowntree School
- Leadership Scale L10 - L14
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- 1st January 2018
- Apply by:
- 7 October 2017
ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER: DIRECTOR OF SIXTH FORM
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POST FROM 1 JANUARY 2018
LEADERSHIP SCALE – L10 – L14
We are looking to recruit, from January 2018, an inspirational colleague to take up this Senior Leadership Team position. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and outward looking team.
As a member of the School Leadership Team you will be able to:
- Think strategically for the future while being able to deal with immediate challenges;
- Be a positive leader, sharing with and listening to staff;
- You will be involved in the leadership and management of the school through:-
- Ensuring that the Sixth Form has clear, unifying objectives;
- Providing opportunities for staff to grow and develop;
- Setting a high standard through personal example;
- Aiming for high quality in all aspects of your work.
- To lead the Sixth Form so that it is a dynamic and creative centre of excellence in which each student thrives academically and socially;
- To have overall leadership and management responsibility for the students and tutors of the Sixth Form;
- To have oversight of the academic progress, behaviour, pastoral care and well-being of Sixth Form students;
- To promote independence, creativity, enterprise and social responsibility so that each student leaves the Sixth Form confident and ambitious about their future;
- To assess continually the suitability of our provision for education in the 21st century and provide the vision and drive to oversee its development;
- To have an overview of the quality of learning and teaching within the Sixth Form;
- To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive core purpose and to encourage and ensure staff and students follow this example.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an ENHANCED criminal record check via the DBS.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please also download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing date: Sunday 8th October 2017 at 12 midnight
About The Joseph Rowntree School
- The Joseph Rowntree School
- Haxby Road, New Earswick, York
- North Yorkshire
- YO32 4BZ
- United Kingdom
The Joseph Rowntree School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive of 1,333 students including 211 in the Sixth Form. It is situated to the north of the attractive and historic city of York, in the village of New Earswick. It is 500 metres from the outer ring-road (A1237) and is easily accessible from the towns and villages of the Vale of York, or the cities of Leeds and Hull.
In 2019 we achieved a strong set of GCSE results in terms of progress measures for our students. Students achieved very highly in a range of subjects for the second year in a row. This is a real reflection of the hard work of students, staff and parents and carers to achieve these outcomes for our learners. This success is also reflected in a very successful set of results at AS and A Level, where again, as well as many notable stories of individual success, our progress measures place us as a very high performing Sixth Form in the top 10% in the country. We are delighted with this well-deserved success for our students, and are determined to build on this and continue to improve the learning experience for students at The Joseph Rowntree School. We were graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2017 and are determined to further improve our school.
Values and vision
• Respect all members of our community
• Overcome obstacles to success
• Work together collaboratively
• Nurture talent
• Teach and learn through inspiration
• Recognise excellence
• Embrace diversity
• Encourage wellbeing
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.