Assistant Headteacher -Head of Arabic
Al Rabeeh is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled Assistant Headteacher in charge of the Arabic medium subjects in the school, to start in August 2018.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. Al Rabeeh School is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years.
Al Rabeehvoffers the National Curriculum for England, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you should already have senior leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and be ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across all Arabic medium subjects and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents. Candidates should have a genuine commitment to child initiated and active learning, putting children first and ensuring that they are challenged as individuals.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification, and have at least 5 years teaching experience.
Applicants must demonstrate:
We are seeking to appoint energetic, highly motivated and inspirational teachers to take a strategic role in the leadership and management of the School in partnership with the Director of Schools and our aspirational senior leadership teams. The successful candidate will be non-class based with some teaching responsibility and you will show both a commitment to whole school improvement.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- Incredibly high expectations for themselves and others
- an aptitude to lead, motivate and inspire others with a proven track record in managing change
- respect the views of parents, and show an appreciation for the importance of parental support in the learning process
- an excellent understanding of what makes an outstanding teacher
- a proven track record in commitment to excellence, and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all children
- successful performance management, quality assurance processes, monitoring and appraisal of others
- an ability to foster effective relationships with students, parents and other stakeholders
- an innovative practice and a desire for career progression
- successful experience in school improvement planning and the school self-evaluation process
- resilience and a solutions focused work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile
In return we will provide:
- a friendly welcoming school community
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees
- a dedicated, hard-working and supportive staff team
- excellent opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- Comprehensive medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter which includes an outline of your curricular and leadership strengths and photograph to the Principal and Director of Schools, Ms. Alison Lamb at email@example.com
Please add "Head of Arabic" in the subject area of your email response, along with your full name. Closing date for applications is Friday 24th August but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.