Assistant Headteacher: Head of Learning Support (SENDCO)
L12 - L16 (Outer London pay range)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom teacher with a proven track record of leadership at middle management, experience and qualifications working with children with special educational needs and a clear vision for Learning Support in the comprehensive sector to join our Senior Leadership Team in September 2018.
Overton Grange is a popular comprehensive school, with around 1300 students on roll and has enjoyed consistent academic success; rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016. We have recently started working in partnership with the University of Brighton Academies Trust. The school is fully committed to inclusion and has a Hearing Support Department.
The school is committed to the CPD of its staff; ‘Staff speak highly of the support and mentoring they receive. Middle leaders participate in a range of professional courses. They share good practice and support each other well to develop strong professional links. Middle leaders are actively engaged in the professional development of teachers and support those who are experienced or new to the profession.’ (OFSTED 2016).
This key post will allow the successful candidate to contribute to our vision not just in the Learning Support Department but also by fully participating in the senior leadership of the school.
The successful candidate will:
1. be an outstanding teacher;
2. have experience of teaching children with special educational needs
3. have evidence of leadership skills that motivate and inspire staff;
4. be able to demonstrate how s/he has raised student achievement in their current post;
5. have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
6. have a good understanding of current educational changes and their likely impact on the school sector;
7. have high expectations and be committed to raising standards across the school.
Details and an application form are available:
• via email to email@example.com
• via the website - www.overtongrange.sutton.sch.uk or
• telephone: 020 8239 2383 Closing date for application is: 5 March 2018