Dates: Apply by: Friday 19th October 2018 Midday
Open day: Opportunity to meet the Headteacher: Monday 15th October 2018, 4.30pm – 5.30pm, alternatively arrange by appointment for viewing during the school day
Start date: January 2019
Salary: Very competitive
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 420 pupils at capacity in 2021
Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic, ambitious and highly motivated primary school leader who is excited about the prospect of shaping the future of a growing school? Have you the vision, commitment and drive to help us continue to develop and deliver the best provision for every child? Why not visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/nishkamprimarywolves or our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment to find out more about us.
As the Assistant Headteacher for Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). The school is part of a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (4 schools, 2 nurseries; 1 vocational college in Kenya). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (a primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012), both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, an All-through Outstanding free school in West London. We are looking for a highly committed and innovative leader to join the Senior Leadership Team, as well as collaborate with senior leaders across the Trust.
NST has developed an inclusive virtues-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
The role will commence in January 2019. You will play a significant part in shaping the strategic development of the school across learning and teaching.
You will become an expert in your specific areas of responsibility and have the opportunity to share your expertise with other senior leaders and colleagues across the Trust. You will also be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
- This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
- Your leadership role will evolve as the school grows to full capacity in 2021.
Our expectations are that you will:
- believe all pupils can and will achieve highly
- build an environment through a virtues-led education that encourages compassion, humility, service; and recognises all humanity as one
- ensure excellence in learning, teaching and achievement throughout the curriculum within the context of a faith inspired, virtues-led school
- ensure that standards of learning and teaching at Key Stages 1 and 2 are a benchmark for excellence and within the top quintile of all schools
- nurture a culture that cherishes childhood, stimulates the spirit of adventure and ignites a passion for lifelong learning
- lead, motivate, support, develop and enrich staff to ensure that all pupils, and staff alike, fulfil their true potential
- develop and implement an enriched curriculum for the school that allows children to both further their own interests and explore new horizons
- develop and maintain the support and active involvement of parents in their children’s learning
- build and nurture links within the local community
- contribute to, and maintain the ethos of the Nishkam culture by drawing on best practice across Nishkam Schools, locally and nationally
- work closely with the Local Governing Body
We will offer you:
- A very warm and welcoming team
- Hardworking and dedicated colleagues who are prepared to give selflessly for the benefit of the pupils
- Supportive parents, carers and community
- A committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- Wide-ranging opportunities for professional development
- Terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 01902 554 900
- Open day: Opportunity to meet the Headteacher: Monday 15th October 2018, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- Alternatively arrange by appointment for viewing during the school day
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th October 2018, 12pm.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday 19th October 2018
- Interviews to be held: Thursday 25th October 2018