Salary: Leadership 3-7 £48,816 - £53,194 per annum
Required for September 2018
The Governors wish to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher, committed to excellence. The position is non-class based but with a teaching commitment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher to further develop both classroom and leadership skills, working within our Catholic ethos of support and growth. You will be responsible for leading, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum to ensure high standards of delivery to improve pupil outcomes. As part of the role you will interpret and analyse school data, sharing the outcomes with all stakeholders as required.
The Governors are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
· Has experience across as least 2 phases of primary education
· Has high expectations of pupil achievement and is an outstanding teacher
· Has an excellent understanding of the current curriculum and a proven track record of effective implementation
· Understands the current assessment climate and is up to date on recent developments.
· Has a passion for the teaching and learning of all pupils and raising their attainment
· Understands the importance of ensuring all pupils meet their full potential
· Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in school with high expectations of both themselves and others
· Can lead and support others to fulfil their potential.
· Is willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of the school.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
· Play a part in leading in a diverse, inclusive forward thinking school
· Work with well behaved, happy pupils who are keen to learn and are proud of their school
· Work with a welcoming, supportive, hard-working staff and leadership team
· Build on your own professional development
· Work in a school with a strong Catholic ethos which values all
· Work in an amazing environment with excellent resources
Closing date: Sunday 18th March 2018, midnight
Interviews: W.C. 26th March 2018
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Louise Palmer to arrange an appointment on 020 7272 1270 or email email@example.com.
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/ following the jobs link. If you need assistance please email the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number STJO/662
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.