Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, St James’s High School would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding, outward looking, oversubscribed school. Due to the promotion of the current AHT, we are looking for a passionate and ambitious Assistant Headteacher who inspires students and supports them in making excellent progress.
For further information we encourage you to contact our Headteacher and CEO of The Bishop Fraser Trust, Tania Lewyckyj. We also welcome visits to our school. Please telephone Suzanne Walker, HR Manager on 01204 333 000 for an appointment.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven track record in leading and innovating change, particularly in pastoral care
- have experience in leading aspects of student welfare, safeguarding and inclusion
- be ambitious and well qualified
- be an excellent communicator capable of influencing and inspiring others
- possess strong leadership and management skills and be able to challenge and support both staff and students to great achievement
- hold to account those colleagues who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- have a genuine passion for quality learning, pastoral care and excellence
- ensure that students are at the centre of every decision
- quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with our young people and enthuse and motivate them to work hard and try their best
- be prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching and pastoral care
- demonstrate personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
- development as a senior leader and preparation for Headship, if this is something you aspire to
- the opportunity to work in an outstanding school, which is part of a new and exciting Trust
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- the opportunity to work with our motivated, ambitious and caring students.
- a school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management
- fantastic opportunities for continuous professional development including weekly CPD sessions on a Wednesday afternoon facilitated by an early pupil finish.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. References will be sought prior to interview. We are an equal opportunities employers.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website www.st-james.bolton.sch.uk and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
St James’s C of E High School, Lucas Road, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 9RU 01204 333000
Closing date: 8.30am on Monday 21st May 2018
Assessment date to be held: on Wednesday 23rd May 2018
(with those successfully shortlisted for interview returning on Thursday 24th May 2018)