Assistant Head Teacher
Ruislip Gardens Primary School
Required for September 2018
Salary Range L5-9 (£46,482 -£51,090)
Ruislip Gardens Primary School is a two form entry forest school in the London Borough of Hillingdon. Our pupils are recognised for their good behaviour and we have a supportive parent body and Governing Body.
The school is on an improving trajectory following a “requires improvement” Ofsted inspection in March 2017. We are seeking an innovative and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join our senior leadership team and work with our new Headteacher to move the school from requires improvement to good and then outstanding. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career and wishing to make real difference to educational outcomes for children. This role will allow more experienced teachers to continue to spend some time teaching in the classroom as well as be a leader, coach and mentor.
We are looking for someone who:
· is an outstanding teacher with experience of teaching across the primary age range
· has a track record of successfully raising standards and ensuring all pupil groups make good progress.
· has the drive, determination and enthusiasm to enhance the high level of learning in our school.
· possesses excellent organisational and communication skills, demonstrates attention to detail and has the ability to motivate and support colleagues.
· will be a significant and visible presence around the school.
· can think strategically and act practically to promote school improvement.
· has a commitment to working in partnership alongside governors, parents and other stakeholders
In return we offer:
· highly motivated, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
· a strong team of dedicated staff who are committed to maintaining high
· a supportive, knowledgeable and friendly Governing Body committed to continuing school improvement.
· leadership support and professional development opportunities.
· a supportive and ambitious leadership team
Ruislip Gardens Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
A visit to the school is strongly encouraged; please contact Sheila O’Neill, Deputy Head. If you would like to apply please download our application pack. The closing date is Friday 20th April and interviews will be held on Friday 27th April.