Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley, Croydon is proudly recognised as a World Class School and is one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and have received four ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted and four ‘Outstanding’ Diocesan reports and ‘World Class Schools’ status (September 2017). Last year we achieved remarkable exam results with +0.61 Progress 8 at GCSE and 66% A*-B at A-Level.
Governors are seeking to appoint for September 2018 a suitably experienced and inspirational Assistant Headteacher who is passionate about ensuring continued high standards across the school and outstanding progress and achievement.
The person appointed will join a strong Senior Leadership Team which is continuing to develop an excellent vision for the future. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate must be an inspiring and talented professional, with a clear track record of raising achievement and motivating teams across the school.
The school has a welcoming spirit thus the successful candidate must have the ability to inspire collegiality and confidence in those they lead as well as:
· An effective leadership style that motivates supports and challenges staff
· Resilience and determination to lead the academy
· A genuine belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential
The main responsibilities will be determined subject to the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate. The post will provide the opportunity for considerable career development and will be an excellent basis for further promotion.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
· A school with a strong commitment to your professional development
· A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
· The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
· The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change
· A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities
How To Apply
For more information about Coloma please visit our website www.coloma.croydon.sch.uk. Queries should be sent to Joy Mitha by email at email@example.com, or in person on 020 8654 6228. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 23rd February 2018