The Governors of Highfield St. Matthew’s C.E Primary School are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to further strengthen the Leadership Team. As Assistant Headteacher with overall responsibility for Early Years Lead you be responsible for improving the quality of teaching and learning within the phase, improving provision and outcomes for all children through the delivery of a highly effective and engaging curriculum.
- Leading the EYFS which consists of a 60 place Reception and a 60 FTE place Nursery and the staff team.
- A teaching commitment in the EYFS of 0.8 (equivalent to 4 days in class)
- The development and delivery of a highly effective and engaging curriculum
- Ensuring assessment in the EYFS is accurate and informs provisions leading to raising standards and progress
- Leading on SEND and Pupil Premium within the EYFS, liaising with external professions
- Developing parental engagement across the whole school
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to embody our school mission to create a school where every child achieves his/her potential and leaves equipped to succeed in life
- An enthusiastic and experienced classroom teacher with the ability to raise achievement for all pupils form their starting points (EYFS baseline)
- An experienced middle leader/TLR who is keen to develop their leadership skills further
- Able to effectively research and lead a team through nationwide changes to the EYFS curriculum
- Able to work with a team and improve the quality of teaching of their peers
- Able to be accountable for and manage a budget
- Passionate for inclusion and supporting pupils with SEND and disadvantaged pupils
We can offer:
- An exciting and new opportunity to work as part of a developing leadership team
- A commitment to promoting staff’s emotional and physical well-being and healthy work-life balance
- A caring and supporting whole school community in a fully inclusive setting
- A creative working environment, open to innovation
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
You can visit our website to find our more at: http://www.highfieldsaintmatthews.wigan.sch.uk
Visits to the school are encouraged and they can be arranged by contacting Mrs Diane Wynne, School Business Manager at the School Office on 01942 747818 (ext 2), or via email at email@example.com
Please apply via the Wigan Council online portal at https://wiganjobs.engageats.co.uk
Closing Date for applications: 23.04.2019 (mid-day)
Visits to school: 26.03.2019 at 4:00 p.m. or 01.04.2019 at 9:30 a.m.
Interview date: 23.05.2019
Highfield St. Matthew’s C.E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding children, promoting children’s welfare and has safer recruitment procedures in keeping with DFE statutory guidance. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in the Keeping Children Safe in Education, which includes an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred list check.
Applicants from overseas outside the EEA, or applicants who have previously lived/work abroad within the last 10 years, should obtain a criminal check before applying for the post.