An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Penang is located on a lush, green 6-acre site with excellent purpose-built facilities close to Batu Ferringhi just outside Georgetown, operating two streams on the same site; one International (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE & A Levels) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The school provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum) and caters for children from 3 years of age to 18 years of age.
We are one of the leading schools on the island of Penang and we are celebrating our best ever IGCSE and A level results in 2018. The International Secondary team have produced outstanding results over a 4 year period and we are looking to appoint dynamic and inspirational leader into our school. Find out more about our school on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and social media sites.
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for Malaysian families who opt for international education. The student population comprising 33 different nationalities is approximately 750 students, with 560 attending the international school, 400 of which in secondary. The students are very able and expectations are high. Our teaching staffs are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A united world at peace – through Education’.
Memberships & Affiliations
We are a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and are authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
We are looking for inspirational, dynamic and vibrant Assistant Head Teacher with Teaching English qualification who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment to join our forward thinking teaching team that provides high quality teaching and learning for our students. You will provide professional leadership and management for pastoral care, ensuring the department delivers relentless focus on pupils’ achievement and personal development. You will lead 3 members of staff in the role – Head of Year 7, Head of Year 8&9, Key Stage 5 Coordinator and the Key Stage 4 Tutors directly. You will be supported by strong leadership, systems and an outstanding professional development programme.
Outstanding candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Possess a degree in English or equivalent with PGCE/Qualified Teacher Status. 5 - 8 years’ experience in teaching English to IGCSE and A level students (preferred)
- Highly motivated, full of initiative, energetic, disciplined and responsible.
- Proven and successful experience in school leadership and development within a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to be reflective and have an inner drive to self-improve.
- Responsible for the pastoral care of all pupils including the monitoring of their progress towards achievement
- To ensure students are tracked through pupil progress meetings and data captures across KS3 – 5
- To work with Key Stage Co-ordinators and the Deputy Head teacher with transition across the school
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required
- Develop and demonstrate the highest possible standards of communication and sharing of information.
- Contribute to and support the School’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and high aspirations, with a relentless focus on pupils’ achievement and personal development.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is 28th February 2019 but it is strongly recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my (http://www.tenby.edu.my/)
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references and criminal record checks.
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)