Are you ready to be an integral part of the founding leadership team of Leigh Academy Blackheath; a place where tradition meets innovation?
Do you believe in maximising the potential of every child?
Can you inspire others and nurture a passion for learning in both students and those you lead?
Would you relish the opportunity to create, shape and build our academy, as a member of the founding team at Leigh Academy Blackheath?
In September 2018, we will open our doors to the 180 founding students of our co-educational 11-18yr comprehensive school. Already oversubscribed, our new school is firmly set to be a beacon of excellence for secondary education in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We are driven by the belief that every learner is entitled to an enriching, varied and personalised education; delivered through a broad and balanced curriculum that provides challenge, irrespective of need, starting point or background. Our mission is to ensure all our students develop into powerful citizens of the digital future on both a national and global scale.
Our strong learning community works together and shares the value of collaboration; every member of our academy family works together to achieve success, cultivating a strong sense of belonging.
Our belief in ‘human-scale’ education, delivered through a schools-within-schools model, ensures every one of our students is known and valued. Strong pastoral care is at the heart of our academy and we place great importance on building strong partnerships with parents and carers.
Working in a brand new school is a unique opportunity. A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is required, as is drive, grit and boundless enthusiasm. A sense of humour is essential! We are looking to appoint an Assistant Principal who will work closely with the Principal to form the founding leadership team of this brand new school. Applications from those with an English specialism are of particular interest. We invite suitably experienced and interested applicants to consult the Job Description and Person Specification by clicking here.
What we are offering:
- A salary range of L12-L16 (Inner London)
- Access to Leigh Academies Trust bespoke Leadership development programmes, CPD and coaching
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
We’d like to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent teacher with a record of outstanding leadership
- Someone who has recent whole school leadership experience with evidence of the positive impact your contribution has had on the lives of your learners
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will also be expected to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You will also be expected to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust. If you have any queries regarding the role or the application process, please contact Olivia Couzins – Talent Manager on 01634 412 240.