We are looking for an inspirational Assistant Principal to join our senior leadership team at Pudsey Grangefield School. The successful candidate will be joining a school which is rapidly improving and where leadership and management, behaviour and the Sixth Form were all judged as good by Ofsted in September 2016.
The leadership in the school was personally praised in a letter from Ofsted’s Chief Inspector, Amanda Spielman to the Principal in January 2017 which stated that they had ‘transformed all aspects of the school’.
Since last September the school has made further improvements to leadership to secure the next phase of our long term success. This led to an implementation dip in our GCSE progress in 2017 but our current projections strongly indicate that the results will significantly improve and that our students will achieve good GCSE exam results in 2018.
Pudsey Grangefield School is a heavily oversubscribed mixed comprehensive secondary school located in the heart of Pudsey.
The school has over 1100 students with a thriving Sixth Form of 180 students, all taught in a state of the art building.The innovative and unique design of the building creates a calm atmosphere, very different to that of many secondary schools.
The school has a long tradition in the town, being established as Pudsey Grammar School in 1908. Although the school is taught in a state of the art building, our core values are highly traditional based on the goal of ensuring that every student reaches their true potential. Our school is not just about the students gaining knowledge and qualifications although these are extremely important. We believe in teaching young people core values of decency, social skills and how to be a good citizen in an ever changing world. We want their character to develop and grow and for them to leave us with an inquiring and independent mind. We want our students to gain the best qualifications they are capable of whilst experiencing a range of opportunities which are second to none. As a result, the school is extremely popular with our community and is significantly over-subscribed every year.
Our Sixth Form has grown in recent years and we now have 220 post-16 students studying at Pudsey Grangefield. This allows us to run a range of courses and provides our staff with valuable experience teaching subjects at this level.
Pudsey Grangefield School is a truly inspirational and caring community of learning where everyone within it is developed and supported to achieve their very best. Our students leave with great resilience and an excellent set of skills which allows them to lead a happy and fulfilling life. A culture of excellence across the entire school captivates students and results in them exceeding the high expectations which the school has embedded in previous years.
The school values underpin everything that we do and have contributed to the transformation in the school ethos in recent years. The values are:
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about school improvement and developing staff and students to achieve their very best
- Has a track record of success
- Who has high standards of expectation for themselves and others and through this will support the fostering of a culture of excellence across the school
- Will be an excellent senior leader and will show dedication, drive and commitment to our goal of ensuring the highest standards in education for our students
Why work at Pudsey Grangefield School?
- The opportunity to play a key part in the continuing transformation of the school
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff who are ensuring our students are successful in every way
- We offer excellent CPD through our membership of the Red Kite Teaching Alliance and place staff development at the forefront of our organisation
- The school is at the point of securing good outcomes from our students in 2018 – this is an opportunity for the successful candidate to secure these improvements and to be part of the drive forward to further success for everyone.
- Be part of a supportive organisation which prides itself on high standards for staff and students
- Work in an award-winning state of art building
Visiting the school
Potential applicants can arrange to visit the school during the application window: Visits can be arranged through Helen Frost by contacting 0113 3869139 or email@example.com.
Interviews will take place over a 1 day process on Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send the following:
- A completed application form. Applications should be made electronically in Word or PDF format to Helen Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In support of your application you may include a covering letter. This should be in addition to the completed application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th December 2017 at 12 noon
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.