Aldar Academies is currently seeking an Assistant Principal to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE for the next academic year 2021-2022. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our current education team supporting our British, US and IB curricula schools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Successful candidates will combine excellent track records of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA or other international settings, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from Board level to parents, teachers and Principals. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the company are central to this role as is a good grasp of the commercial demands of a private education group. The role requires high level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across a network of schools. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with national education authorities and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of schools, the group as a whole and the wider education vision of the nation. A strong commercial awareness is essential.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• High quality learning and teaching is consistently in place.
• Rigorous and robust assessment processes are embedded practise.
• The needs of all students are met through the effective implementation of appropriate pedagogical practices.
• Effective leadership and management strategies are deployed promoting cooperation, communication, collaboration and creative thinking.
• Highly efficient and effective use of resources including digital resources and online platforms.
• Best international educational research is used to develop the school’s approaches to planning and delivering the curriculum.
• Self-evaluation and development plans are effectively used to promote and build capacity.
• Bachelor of Education Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a related subject with PGCE is essential.
• At least 6 years’ experience, including 4 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal.
• At least 2 years’ experience in middle leadership role.
• Experience of leading school initiatives that have led to improvement in standards and achievement.
• Experience working with parents and external agencies
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Provide professional leadership and management for all matters relating to data assessment and in doing so to improve education, standards, and achievements for all students.
• Knowledge of UAE Ministry of Education and ADEK regulations.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent via the TES website.
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Mubarak Bin Mohamed Cycle One School
Mubarak Bin Mohammed School, Abu Dhabi
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 10 years