Are you a skilled Assistant Principal who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of young adults with autism?
If so, we want to hear from you!
There has never been a better time to join Ambitious College. Our College is a unique specialist further education provision for learners aged 16 to 25 with autism and complex needs. We support learners to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to make a successful transition to adulthood and to live and work as part of their community.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a passionate, ambitious, highly motivated and inspirational individual to act as Assistant Principal (who will be a member of Ambitious College Senior Leadership Team - SLT) and to work collaboratively with the Principal and Vice Principals.
Your purpose will be to lead, manage and be committed to outstanding practice in the college, across each of its campuses, with specific responsibility for all aspects of learner personal development, welfare and behaviour (PDWB).
As Assistant Principal, your duties will include:
- Leading and Project Managing the further development of our transdisciplinary approach to working, underpinned by College wide Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Working with the VP (TLA), the Head of Curriculum and the Senior PBS Analyst to develop and model effective Trans Disciplinary Team practices and approaches within the College
- Leading on the Annual Review Process and ensuring consistency in the delivery of these for our learners
- Being accountable for staff holding all relevant and required certification in various mandatory training across College
- Actively engaging in CPD and regularly reflecting on your own practice, working towards personal targets and by participating positively in the arrangements made for performance management and clinical supervision.
- Updating pastoral related policies including, but not limited, to Positive Handling and Intimate Support.
- Acting as Designated Safeguarding Lead for Ambitious College, keeping all records up to date and undertaking all related CPD.
You will need:
- Relevant first degree (psychology/education/Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy)
- Professional registration or qualification in area of expertise
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with autism and its impact on young people and families
- Experience in the use of positive handling and a commitment to using the least restrictive practice
- Knowledge and skills of Health and Safety in the workplace, GDPR principals and Equal Opportunities
- Experience of strategic and operational planning and project management
- Able to demonstrate an understanding and personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Knowledge and experience of being the designated Safeguarding lead and experience of positive handling
- An understanding of SEND policy and practice in relation to Further Education & Transition
Be extraordinary and join us in making the ordinary possible for young people.
For further details on how you can make a difference and find out what we have to offer please our Recruitment Pack.
How to Apply
To apply please download and complete the application form and the equality monitoring form and send it to email@example.com
For an informal discussion, please contact Viv Berkeley, Principal on 0203 870 8775.
Closing date: 14 February 2018 (midnight)
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
Please note this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.