Full-time – January 2020
Salary: L10 – 14 (salary negotiable based on experience)
At Magna Academy we are wholly ambitious for every child to have an education that will give them an enriching and fulfilling life. Our Academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2015 and December 2018. In 2018, Magna achieved a Progress 8 score of 1.15, placing us 24th nationally (top 1%) and has achieved excellent results again in 2019. We value our staff highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure teachers can really focus on the core purpose – teaching in a sustainable way.
What we offer:
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- Opportunity to teach at KS3, KS4 and potentially KS5
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities
- A professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner (LP) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of their subject
- a successful leader with proven middle/senior leadership experience, who will play an important role in leading the Academy into its next stage of development
- someone with significant experience of raising achievement, leading change and ability to motivate staff and students
- someone who does whatever it takes to ensure the life chances of all our students are maximised. They will blend extreme personal humility with intense professional will.
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here.
- Specific job description will be dependent upon the candidate’s background and experiences
You would be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, be able to study for the NPQSL and have excellent progression opportunities to become a Vice Principal as the Academy, National Teaching School, National Support School and MAT continue to grow. As a Teaching School you would also have the opportunity to become a Specialist Leader of Education.
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
How to Apply:
Please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an on-line application.
Please contact email@example.com or 01202 604222 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Thursday 17th October 2019
Interviews: Week Beginning 21 October 2019
Learn more about Magna Academy at: www.magna-aspirations.org
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.