Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
About The School:
WSD - The GEMS Winchester School – Dubai opened in 2011 to address the increasing demand for school places in Dubai and in particular in GEMS schools. Located in the heart of old Dubai in Oud Metha, the school occupies a site of significant historical interest. It was here that over forty years ago GEMS opened its first purpose built school – Our Own English School. When this school relocated to new premises, the Winchester School – Dubai was born and has successfully continued the GEMS legacy of quality education on the newly refurbished site. Offering the National curriculum for England, the school currently provides places from Foundation Stage 2 to Year 10.
About the Role
The Post: Assistant Principal of Primary (KS2)
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Deputise for the Vice Principal school in all areas;
- Support the leadership of all areas including learning and teaching, assessment, curriculum development, quality assurance and CPD needs;
- Assist the Vice Principal in line managing the Heads of Year, Heads of Department and Year Teams;
- To assist the Senior Leadership Team in setting very high expectations with a clear focus on student achievement, standards and quality of learning and teaching;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum for England to be able to assist the Vice Principal in the development of the primary curriculum at WSD;
- To oversee the effective communications between school and home;
- To ensure the WSD policies are upheld by all stakeholders to the highest standards;
- To oversee the development of the whole child including behavior, safeguarding, health and wellbeing and personal achievement.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies, skills, and these will be assessed during the internal recruitment process:
- Effective Communication Skills
- Think strategically and creatively to anticipate and solve problems
- Efficient in processes and systems
- Able to plan and organise well
- Understanding of diversity
- Deliver quality results in a timely manner
- eading by example
- Reflective practitioner
To be considered for this appointment: You will
- Have at least 2 years’ experience as an effective leader within a UK environment school
- Be an inspiration role model for all members of staff and for students in all aspects of school life
- Have a dynamic, innovative and solution-based approach to leadership and school development.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site and apply online https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=131199
(Ref: 1412). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Note: GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.