About the role:
John Smeaton Academy are delighted to advertise the post of Assistant Principal: SEN in order to provide additional capacity to our current Senior Leadership Team. We are seeking SENCo qualified individuals who wish to contribute to the further development of the academy.
As Assistant Principal you will join a team responsible for leading the academy in its school improvement priorities. You will work with the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to help drive forward improvements to develop the academy staff, students and the wider community. Specifically you will be responsible for developing the academy SEN provision. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership of driving up standards at the academy, ensuring an outstanding provision and outcome for every student. You will do this whilst ensuring that the academy maintains an inclusive ethos where everyone can aspire, grow, learn and achieve together.
This post will ideally suit either a current senior leader or someone established in middle leadership who is looking for the next step up in their career.
This will require a current middle or senior leader who will have:
- A proven track record of success in your current remit, evidenced by outstanding student outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead effectively and work as part of a team.
- A strategic vision and proven ability to make things happen.
- High quality organisational and management skills.
- Personal qualities to inspire, motivate, support and challenge others.
- The ability to raise the aspirations of our students and staff.
In return you will:
- Have the chance to become part of a Senior Leadership Team that will shape the future of the academy.
- Be given opportunities to develop both professionally and personally.
- Be able to use your creative ability to make the academy’s vision a reality.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- An 11-18, United Learning academy.
- 883 students inclusive of VI form.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to organise a visit please email India Wilson, Head’s PA at email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on this link.
Closing Date: Monday 22 April 2019
Where teaching is better shared.
John Smeaton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.