We are looking for an exceptional qualified teacher to join our new academy as Assistant Principal, starting in September 2019 or sooner for the right candidate.
The exact remit of the new Assistant Principal will depend on the experience of the candidate. However, your job purpose will be:
- As a senior leader, to assist the Principal in the strategic and operational management, development and leadership of the Academy, and ensure the achievement of our ethos, aims and objectives within the context of the Academy’s strategic and development plans.
- To be in charge of a range of responsibilities within the Academy and to develop, maintain and operate appropriate systems for quality assurance in all aspects of our operations.
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need:
- Extensive teaching experience, and evidence of outstanding teaching practice
- Successful management experience as Head of Department or member of the SLT
- An ambitious and hardworking attitude, with a commitment to the wider community
- The ability to motivate and lead students staff
About Harris Academy Sutton
Harris Academy Sutton opened in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a specialism in Science, the academy collaborates closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry academy they form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision. The academy offers a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself provides a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future. This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Sutton are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 962 4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.