Please note, the deadline for this post has been extended until after Easter due to a technical problem with the listing previously.
We are seeking to appoint someone who is both an exceptional teacher and an ambitious, strategic leader to join our senior leadership team and to help lead the College towards ever greater success for our students. Candidates will be talented, articulate and dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people in our school community.
The Spires College is grounded in a belief that all students deserve the very best quality education and the successful applicant will play a pivotal role in ensuring this is what we accomplish. This is therefore an excellent opportunity to build or extend a leadership profile towards headship, by making a significant impact on school improvement here at The Spires College.
This role is Assistant Principal: Teaching and Learning. The key priority for the post holder will be ensuring that both students and staff are supported and guided in their learning, with no barriers to progress. This will include taking the strategic lead on developing the quality teaching across the College, leading on CPD and ensuring planning, teaching and assessment are used consistently to the best effect. Further aspects of the role will be determined according to the skills and experience of the successful candidate, however the post holder will be given the support and training required to understand all aspects of school leadership.
The successful applicant will:
• Put children and young people first
• Be an excellent practitioner in the classroom
• Have a proven track record of school improvement at Middle or Senior Leadership level
• Have experience of leading teams and raising standards
• Understand and be able to articulate how they have used effective self-evaluation to raise standards
• Be confident to work with a degree of autonomy whilst also being collaborative and an effective team player
• Be an effective system leader with a clear understanding of process
• Have experience of developing the work of colleagues at various professional stages
• Be able to show how they have used performance management and accountability systems to improve performance
• Have proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others
• Be a committed, highly-competent, reflective and resilient individual
• Have a sense of humour and good interpersonal and communication skills
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do. We have a modern, purpose-built building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. The College is easily accessible from across much of Devon, with the A380 now providing easy access from Exeter and the A38.
For further details about the post including details of how to apply, please contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: email@example.com or visit http://thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies
The closing date for applications is 12 pm on Wednesday 24 April.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 30 April and Wednesday 1 May.