As part of the Challenge Academy Trust, a forward thinking Multi Academy Trust - the first of its kind in the country, Priestley College is seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Assistant Principal - Teaching, Learning and Assessment to join our Senior Management Team.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 15th March 2018 (4.00 pm)
Interviews: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, 21st, 22nd, or 23rd March 2018
We welcome informal visits from potential candidates to experience our learning environment, or for informal conversations prior to application.
The successful candidate will play an important part in the College's next stage of development, and will be responsible for leading on Teaching, Learning and Assessment across the College.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to be part of a Senior Management Team who are committed to continuous improvement
- the opportunity to work with a highly motivated, experienced and committed teaching team
- a climate for learning that permeates the College and is built on mutual respect
- to work in a College 'renowned for its supportive and caring ethos, where every learner really does matter' (SFCA)
- a College that is centred in the local community, with strong support from Governors
- a commitment to support your Professional Development
- dedicated leadership and management time
- an impressive campus
- to be part of The Challenge Academy Trust, a forward thinking Multi Academy Trust - the first of its kind in the country
You will need to demonstrate:
- a genuine commitment and passion for students' education and welfare
- a reflective mindset and a strong commitment to learning
- high expectations, drive and determination
- strategic thinking and an ambitious vision
- an ability to respond positively to change
- personal credibility, from experience, achievements and integrity
A Job Description, Person Specification, Supplementary Information and Information for Applicants on how to apply are available at: http://www.priestley.ac.uk/job/assistant-principal-teaching-learning-and-assessment/
Method of Application: Please download the Application Form to your pc, complete it along with a covering supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 is required outlining the ways in which you believe your experience, attributes and ambition make you suitable for the role. Your application should then be emailed to email@example.com, or post or hand in to the Personnel Office at the College.
If you would like to speak to someone about the post, or have any queries, please contact us on 01925 624460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to satisfy standard pre-employment procedures, including applying for a Disclosure and Barring Service (police) check (or providing evidence of being registered for the DBS Update Service and providing their DBS Certificate) prior to taking up the post.