Excellent Salary with benefits
Full time, Permanent
Required for January 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Subject Lead of English to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational English teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. To be successful you must be able to think creatively and design new solutions to meet the challenges of our changing education system and be focused upon providing our students with the skills necessary to engage with the wider world. There may be opportunities for staff to work and progress across the schools within the Academy Trust if desired.
Shrewsbury Academy is a school that has close to 900 students on roll. In the recent months we have moved from two sites to one site, combining both The Sundorne School and The Grange School together, and more recently the Marches Academy in September 2019.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate:
• Experience of working as an Assistant Subject Lead of English or English AST
• An outstanding track record of excellence in learning and teaching
• A passion for English, understanding how language and literature can transform young people’s lives
• A personal authority matched with communication and organisational skills to assist with leading and managing with impact
• A commitment to raising standards, expectations and achievement
• The ability to assist the Director of English to implement and evaluate new strategies
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school environment
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all students in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all students to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. I am incredibly proud of the achievements of all our students and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
At The Marches Academy Trust we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway, including NPQ qualifications.
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
There will be an opportunity for those interested, to visit the school on Friday 11th October, by appointment only. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Hazel O’Shea, PA to Headteacher on h.o’email@example.com
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website https://jobs-marchesacademytrust.engageats.co.uk/ (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 14th October 2019.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 22nd October 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.