To work under the direction of the Data, Exams, Cover & Timetabling Manager and Curriculum Leaders to teach and assess whole classes planned by the teacher. To be solely responsible for a class of students ensuring they are engaged in learning activities set by a teacher. Managing student behaviour and ensuring a safe environment.
• Teach and assess whole classes planned by the teacher
• Plan, Teach and assess individual or small groups of students within the classroom as directed by the teacher
• In the absence of a teacher, to be solely responsible for a class of students, ensuring they are engaged in learning activity that has been set by a teacher.
• Effectively manage student behaviour and any other immediate issues or emergencies that arise in accordance with academy policy.
• To support students to engage with the work provided, including providing support where necessary with literacy, numeracy and organizational skills.
• To liaise with teachers/other relevant staff with regard to work set for a class and ensure you are suitably equipped and informed to be able to effectively supervise the assigned lesson.
• To feedback to the class teacher on student engagement in the set work and also any other issues that may have arisen.
• To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
• To undertake student registration of a class as required.
• To assist with the organisation of cover for absent colleagues for both planned and unplanned absence.
• To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal, SLT or Data, Exams, Cover and Timetabling Manager