To work under the direction of the classroom teacher to assist in the teaching and assessment of individual, or small groups of students. Manage student behaviour and ensure a safe learning environment.
• Teach and assess individual or small groups of students within the classroom as directed by the teacher
• To effectively manage student behaviour and any other immediate issues or emergencies that arise in accordance with academy policy.
• To support students to engage with the work provided, including providing support where necessary with literacy, numeracy and organizational skills.
• To feedback to the class teacher on student engagement in the set work and also any other issues that may have arisen.
• To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
• To promote positive behaviour.
• To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role.
• Work with the Exams Coordinator to ensure the orderly and efficient running of public examinations.
• To act as invigilator for both internal and external exams under formal conditions
• When not required to undertake any responsibility falling within the above, you may be directed to provide additional support in the academy with duties of a different nature.
• Be aware of and support differentiation and ensure that pupils have equality of access to opportunities to learn and develop.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal, SLT or Data, Exams, Cover and Timetabling Manager