We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic practitioner who will, under the guidance of the Director of English, take responsibility for Key Stage 3 in English. Applications are welcomed from both current postholders and ambitious teachers with a proven track record of success and the desire to be an outstanding leader. This exciting role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to help shape the provision of English in the vitally important first three years of secondary education and beyond.
You will need to be committed to our vision of becoming an outstanding school and to supporting the English team in delivering consistently high standards for students of all abilities. Responsibilities will include monitoring and evaluating student progress and leading the development of teaching, learning and assessment in Key Stage 3. As a leader in our school, you will work closely with Assistant Team Leaders from other curriculum areas in developing and improving teaching and learning and will be responsible for ensuring that every student enjoys an excellent experience across their English lessons.
If you are a highly effective teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships with students and staff and are confident at leading on the development of challenging and engaging schemes of learning, we would love to hear from you. The ability to teach English to both GCSE and A-Level is essential.
In return we offer:
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- A stable and high performing team and a curriculum structure that offers English language and English literature at KS4, plus English literature and English language & literature at KS5.
- A school with outstanding ethos, results, attendance and behaviour on a par with other high achieving schools in the south west of England
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- Excellent students with very good take up at GCSE and A Level
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further or visit the school, please contact Sophie Brooks (Director of English) on 0117 986 4751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be delighted to hear from you.
- Visit the school website www.wellswayschool.com
- Download the Job Description / Person Specification, Candidate Pack and Application Form
- In Section 7 of the Application Form (Information in Support of your Application) in no more than two sides please provide details of how your skills and experiences match the qualities referred to in the person specification.
- Email your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 22 October 2018
Interview date to be confirmed
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Wellsway School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.