Assistant Vice Principal Learning & Support (SENco & Safeguarding)
L9 – L13
Full Time, Permanent
Commencing September 2018
Are you an excellent senior leader?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you believe in the infinite potential of all young people?
Our hidden gem of a school is currently in an exciting phase of change and we are looking for a leader with passion and vision to take up this key leadership role. This is a great time to join us. Let us welcome you into our warm and friendly Catholic community.
Then St Peter’s Catholic Voluntary Academy is the place for you! We are looking to appoint a talented and inspirational leader to transform outcomes for our deserving students alongside our hard working and dedicated staff.
We are looking for a SENCO who has:
- An unswerving ability to empathise with our students and to advocate appropriately for them.
- Excellent knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice and current safeguarding procedures.
- Holds the Master’s-level National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator or a commitment to gain within 3 years of taking up the post.
- A strong moral purpose coupled with resilience to ensure St Peter’s rapidly becomes an outstanding Academy
- Good leadership attributes and readiness to assume responsibility for learning and support across the Academy
- A sound understanding of what constitutes excellent classroom and teaching practice
- High expectations which motivate and challenge all staff and students to achieve the highest possible outcomes
- Personal drive, determination and integrity
- The ability to form effective working relationships that are conducive to a productive and positive atmosphere
- Belief in the merits of a research-driven profession and ensures they read widely to remain well informed of policy and practice
We can offer you the opportunity to develop your leadership in a school that is passionately committed to professional learning.
St Peter’s is renowned locally for its caring atmosphere and respectful welcoming students. With students’ futures at the heart of our mission we enable students to learn and teachers to teach in our culture of high expectations and compassion.
We are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment selection process in line with this commitment.
If you would like any further details on this position, to schedule a visit to St Peter’s or to return a completed application form please contact Miss K Hall via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01642 453462.
Application forms and job specification details are available to download from this advert or from our website www.stpeters-sch.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 20 March 2018