Assistant Year Lead
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Performance Related Bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September
Shortlisting: 27th August 2019
Interview Date: September (tbc)
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough, The Petchey Academy has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted this year with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management.
We are currently looking to appoint an Outstanding Assistant Year lead
· To provide first class support for all students’ academic, emotional and social development.
· To liaise with key stakeholders to provide outstanding learning opportunities and outcomes for students.
· To assist the Year Lead in removing barriers to learning so that all students achieve their potential.
· To support the Academy vision and ethos, and set high expectations which make a significant contribution to achieving Academy targets.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Support students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic team of academic tutors to inspire our students.
· Enjoy state of art ICT facilities
· Enjoy excellent professional development opportunities and grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years working within the secondary sector of education with some managerial and leadership experience
- Experience of working in a school with a culturally and socially diverse student population
- Working knowledge of SEN Code of Practice
- An understanding of the demands of an education/school environment
- Ability to Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
Personal Qualities, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work calmly and effectively with challenging young people and their parents
- Computer literate, able to use IT based administrative systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills: able to respond to general enquiries in a helpful and informative manner.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision.
- Awareness of and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Demonstrates respect for people, regardless of ethnic origin, gender or disability.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.