Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES)
- Competitive rate per learner
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 31 October 2017
Job Type: Freelance- you will be employed on a freelance basis to assess and tutor.
Payment: Competitive rate per learner
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) recently judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding” is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse programme of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision.
We are looking to expand our offer of apprenticeships and diversify into other areas such as Traineeship.
Fully qualified freelance tutors and assessors for Functional Skills English & Maths, Health & Social Care, Business Admin, Customer Service, Team Leading, and Management in Care and Management are required for Levels 1 - 5.
We are looking for committed professionals to work across London, Surrey and surrounding areas to deliver and assess qualifications.
You will need to be able to:
• Identify learner's strengths and weakness' through initial assessment and support them accordingly.
• Set and review SMART targets.
• Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their personalised targets using e-learning systems.
• Ensure each learner's progression is recorded efficiently and assess competence throughout their qualifications and be able to provide outstanding teaching and learning experiences.
• Use e-portfolio
You must have a recognised assessor qualification along with PTLLS / teaching qualification and be capable of delivering training sessions as well as coaching 1 to 1.
You will be part of a supportive team within your subject who are able to help you with any issues and make sure you are on track to meet the achievable standards of a competent training organisation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Level 2 Functional Skills Maths & English or GCSE English & Maths, Level 3 Assessor, A1 Assessor or Equivalent
• You must hold the equivalent or higher qualification in any subject you plan to assess Required experience:
• Freelance Assessing: 1 year
• Relevant 12 months CPD
To Apply: If you are interested, please send your CV with details of qualifications, experience and recent CPD and a covering Letter to the apprenticeship team firstname.lastname@example.org
About Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES)
- Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES)
- 219 Lisson Grove
- NW8 8LW
- United Kingdom
Westminster is one of the most diverse and dynamic communities in Britain. Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) reflects that diversity and dynamism. We are one of the largest adult education providers in the country.
The service is part of the education department of the City of Westminster and is funded by the London Central Learning and Skills Council. Our board of governors includes student representatives, elected members of the city council and members from the community and local organisations.
We have strong roots in the community, running courses where they are needed through partnerships with the local authority and other community and education bodies.
To ensure the quality of our courses and support for students, WAES is inspected by Ofsted. On courses leading to national qualifications, we must also meet the high standards required by examination bodies.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.