ASSOCIATE HEAD TEACHER
Salary: Competitive salary. Starting point to reflect experience.
NET Academies- ‘Shaping Futures’
We are excited to offer a unique, developmental leadership position. If you are thinking about headship and would like to work alongside two ‘outstanding’ leadership and management teams then this role may suit you.
NET Academies Trust board are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Associate Head Teacher to work with the head teachers of Longwood and Abbotsweld Primary Academies in Harlow, Essex. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and capacity in headship for school leaders who are thinking of becoming head teachers within the next two years.
You will be highly motivated and have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the school, across the MAT and with other key stakeholders. You will have recent school SLT experience e.g. DHT, with an ability to effect change. You will have a positive attitude that will strengthen and build partnerships within the community and motivate children and staff.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with other school leaders and to contribute to and shape policy and practice across the NET team.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who can demonstrate:
• A proven track record of raising standards of teaching and learning, leading to improved achievement and attainment;
• The ambition and commitment to lead across two of our academies;
• Affinity with NET’s values and a strong vision for promoting educational
o excellence for all;
• Effectiveness in developing strong relationships with the local community;
• A proven track record of effective leadership and management of people and a commitment to working in partnership with governors, staff, parents, other schools and the local community;
• A desire to maintain and enhance the existing strengths of the school, bringing inspirational drive and ambition for continual improvement that is demonstrated through improved outcomes for children;
• An ability to be forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape;
• A passion to ensure that all children reach their potential and provide all children with a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which they can learn and flourish.
If you are an ambitious leader with a clear vision, who can contribute to the development of our Trust and is committed to raising standards through the development and motivational leadership of highly skilled teams, we would like to discuss this opportunity with you. Applicants must be enthusiastic and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
NET Academies offers a unique chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team. Being part of a growing primary trust, offers a unique set of opportunities to develop your career. We have a number of specialist staff who work across our academies who offer expert knowledge in Maths, English, PE, Art and music. At NET Academies we are committed to staff development and training.
This is a unique post, offering a ‘readiness for headship’ through:
• Daily mentoring from successful head teachers in a challenging area.
• Working within two schools of close proximity to extend leadership in different contexts.
• Fully funded NPQH.
• Position to understand trust level development for wider CPD.
Additional benefits at working at NET Academies Trust in Longwood and Abbotsweld Academies:
• Individual career programme for all staff
• Children who have a love of learning and a dedicated staff team
• A caring and happy learning environment
• Lead practitioner support in English and maths for planning and teaching
• Personalised staff well-being programme
• High expectations and good behaviour
• The Trust has a committed team that works hard to reach high standards in everything they do.
Recent school achievements:
• 2019 Happiest School in Britain, National Happiness Awards
• 2019 Finalists TES Healthy School of the Year
• 2019 Place2Be Primary Community
• 2018 TES Employer of the Year
• 2018 GOLD status for mental health, anti-bullying & school games
• 2017 OUTSTANDING leadership, behaviour and welfare
What Ofsted says about Abbotsweld and Longwood Primary Academies:
‘The quality of teaching is now strongly good’.
‘Pupils behave very well, both in their lessons and during less-structured parts of the day. A consistent approach means that pupils always know what is expected of them’.
‘The school is a safe place’.
‘The school’s curriculum offers pupils a wide range of interesting and exciting opportunities’.
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.”
“The school strongly promotes pupils’ physical well-being. Pupils understand how to stay healthy.”
“Leaders of the MAT and the headteacher have a vision for the school, which staff share. There is a clear culture of hard work and excellent behaviour throughout the school.”
“The behaviour of pupils is outstanding.”
What our teachers say about working with NET Academies Trust:
“I feel like it is an incredibly supportive working atmosphere where people want the best for one another and go out of their way to do their best for both staff and pupils. It is pupil driven which is why I particularly agree with the academy’s attitude towards priorities.”
“The academy allows me to be part of something larger that makes a difference.”
“Staff and pupils feel that we are all part of one family that help and support each other.”
“I very much enjoy working for the academy, because I feel supported, valued and work with a great group of people.”
Potential applicants are both welcome and encouraged to visit the school. The heads of Longwood and Abbotsweld would be happy to meet you and show you around. Please contact 01279 421 567 for an appointment.
Your completed application form should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
NET Academies Trust,
Latton Green Primary Academy,
In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted. We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake the appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check.