Associate Lead Practitioner - Science
Required for September 2019
Bishop Young C of E Academy is a thriving 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. We are part of a newly formed and growing multi academy trust, Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, Associate Lead Practitioner - Science.
This is an exciting, brand new opportunity for an experienced teacher of Science who is passionate about the delivery of the Science curriculum and ready to progress in their career. This role will involve delivering support to and developing others through modelling best practice as an Associate Lead Practitioner. In modelling and developing best practice, he/she will play a pivotal role in raising student attainment and progress.
What you can expect from the role:
• The Associate Lead Practitioner element will attract a TLR 2C (£6,646 FTE) and will consist of 35 contact hours per fortnight
• When not delivering through the Lead Practitioner model, the role holder can expect to be teaching exemplar Science classes to the students at Bishop Young Academy
• The role will be initially based at Bishop Young Academy but may involve working across the Trust as required
We are looking for:
• An inspirational teacher who has an interest in leading the subject area with high expectations of pupil attainment, behaviour and wellbeing
• A highly motivated and hard-working person with the capacity to contribute to the on-going development of the school and our Lead Practitioner model
• A team-player who can develop positive relationships with children, families and colleagues
• Someone who will support the Christian ethos of the school
We can offer you:
• Eager, enthusiastic, considerate children who are pleasure to teach
• A school that values and invests in the continuing professional development of all staff
• A fantastic team of dedicated and committed staff based in an excellent learning environment
Visits to our school to meet the team and experience our wonderful atmosphere, are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Recruitment@abbeytrust.org
To apply please download recruitment pack and email completed application form Recruitment@abbeytrust.org
Closing date: 22nd March 2019 with interviews held shortly after.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.