Associate Teacher/Teaching Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Dates: Apply by 12pm, Wednesday 27th June 2018
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: Grade 4 (FTE: £17,675.00 - £22,372.00)
Location: Nishkam School Wolverhampton
Contract type: Term–time (40 weeks during school term)
Contract term: Temporary (12 months)
Core Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
The core of a Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children throughout their lives and nurturing a strong values-led approach to life.
Our children are a delight to teach, the School has exceptional resources, our teachers are enthusiastic and hardworking, and the support team is dedicated to the wellbeing of all pupils.
To support the next phase of development the Governors are seeking to appoint additional experienced, bright, and enthusiastic Associate Teachers to join our friendly and inclusive school.
The successful candidate will be:
- preferably a graduate
- committed to and able to support the school ethos
- able promote high standards of attainment and behaviour
- inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- able to work as part of a team and take individual lead as appropriate
- able to inspire and appreciate creativity
- able to assist teachers in planning and preparation of lessons appropriate to the class and individuals
- support SEN lead in a range of intervention strategies
- assist the SEN lead in documentation and monitoring of each child
- able to support pupil learning in classroom settings, with individuals, small groups and whole classes as appropriate.
- able to assist in monitoring pupils’ progress and assess work to achieve individual progression and whole school improvement
- experienced in promoting the wellbeing of pupils, providing guidance and support
- able to communicate and consult with parents
- able to assist in preparing reports as appropriate
We will offer you
- a friendly and welcoming team
- hardworking and dedicated colleagues
- enthusiastic and diligent children
- supportive parents, carers and community
- a committed and fully involved governing body
- a well-resourced learning environment
- opportunities for professional development
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check.
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 01902 554 900.
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27th June, 12pm
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday 29th June
- Interviews will be held Wednesday 4th July 2018