"The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding”
We are seeking to appoint a motivating, caring and supportive Attendance and SIMS Administration Officer to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy.
Exercising a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, the purpose of the role is to raise attendance, improve punctuality and reduce unauthorised absence by working with identified individuals and groups of students, using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers and students. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day provision of all aspects of the attendance system and procedures in the school using the SIMS Attendance module and Schoolcomms, whilst playing an integral part of the school office team to ensure that a professional and efficient administrative service is provided at all times.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in similar role within a busy school setting, have a proactive approach to identifying ways to help to improve attendance and can demonstrate the ability to remain calm in challenging and pressured situations.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2017 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and the GCSE outcomes were above the national average when the first cohort of pupils took their examinations in 2017. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
Please note that interviews will take place on Tuesday 17th July and therefore you must be available to attend the Academy on this date.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, having the ability to communicate on a different range of levels
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of SIMS
- Be flexible with working arrangements
- Committed to providing students from all backgrounds with improved their life chances
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments. The Academy holds the right to shortlist candidates prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday 16th July 2018 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.