The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 and this year doubled the student numbers. Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
This role will focus on improving and maintaining the attendance of our students across the academy. In addition, it would be considered an advantage for the applicant to be able to take on responsibility for the first aid within the academy.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll monitor student attendance utilising the in-house management information system.
• You’ll liaise with stakeholders regarding attendance issues.
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring reasons for absence are chased and logged on our MIS.
• You’ll liaise with form tutors and offer advice and guidance as to how they can support their tutees in improving attendance.
• You’ll establish a clear and consistent approach to monitoring attendance.
• You’ll make home visits as needed to support students and families in making improvements in attendance.
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring letters and phone calls are made in a timely fashion in order to keep on top of attendance issues.
• You’ll build relationships with students, parents and relevant professionals to support and encourage attendance.
• You’ll deal with first aid incidents, logging then and liaising with third parties as necessary
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring the paperwork relating to first aid within the Academy is maintained and up-to-date to reflect any changes in policy and/or legislation.
What we expect from you:
• You’ll have experience monitoring student attendance in a similar role.
• You’ll be first-aid trained or willing to undertake the training.
• You’ll need to be able to fit into an ever-evolving team.
• As well as working as part of a team, there will be times when you’ll also need to work on your own initiative.
• You’ll have a varied workload but there may be occasions when you need to keep motivated during quiet periods.
• You will need to be able to engage with all of our students, staff and parents in a friendly and professional way and have to be a capable communicator and reader of social situations.
The closing date for applications is January 3rd with interviews being held shortly after.