The Global Academy
- Quick apply
- £24,507 - £27,800 FTE. Actual salary for term time plus 2 weeks: £21,208 - £24,058
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 3 January 2018
The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 and this year doubled the student numbers. Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
This role will focus on improving and maintaining the attendance of our students across the academy. In addition, it would be considered an advantage for the applicant to be able to take on responsibility for the first aid within the academy.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll monitor student attendance utilising the in-house management information system.
• You’ll liaise with stakeholders regarding attendance issues.
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring reasons for absence are chased and logged on our MIS.
• You’ll liaise with form tutors and offer advice and guidance as to how they can support their tutees in improving attendance.
• You’ll establish a clear and consistent approach to monitoring attendance.
• You’ll make home visits as needed to support students and families in making improvements in attendance.
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring letters and phone calls are made in a timely fashion in order to keep on top of attendance issues.
• You’ll build relationships with students, parents and relevant professionals to support and encourage attendance.
• You’ll deal with first aid incidents, logging then and liaising with third parties as necessary
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring the paperwork relating to first aid within the Academy is maintained and up-to-date to reflect any changes in policy and/or legislation.
What we expect from you:
• You’ll have experience monitoring student attendance in a similar role.
• You’ll be first-aid trained or willing to undertake the training.
• You’ll need to be able to fit into an ever-evolving team.
• As well as working as part of a team, there will be times when you’ll also need to work on your own initiative.
• You’ll have a varied workload but there may be occasions when you need to keep motivated during quiet periods.
• You will need to be able to engage with all of our students, staff and parents in a friendly and professional way and have to be a capable communicator and reader of social situations.
The closing date for applications is January 3rd with interviews being held shortly after.
About The Global Academy
- The Global Academy
- The Old Vinyl Factory, 1 Record Walk, Hayes
- UB3 1DH
- United Kingdom
Welcome to Global Academy – a unique media school for Year 10 – 13 students in West London that prepares young people for a career in the creative media industry in partnership with Global - one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. We also train young adults on our one year Creative Entrepreneurship Professional Diploma programme for 18+ students as a fast track into the creative industry and a unique alternative to Higher Education.
Whether it be on-air, via global player or through their outdoor advertising – Global entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week. We also work closely with UAL: London College of Communication. University of the Arts London (UAL) is a world-leading university for art and design (ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2021 QS World University Rankings®) and works right alongside the Global Academy team to deliver an amazing educational experience that will set students up for long-term success in the creative industries.
Values and vision
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media
sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our school culture is driven by four key values that kickstart us for a career in the creative media industry: Thing BIG, Own It, Keep it Simple and Better Together. Our Global values are defined by four meaningful statements. They’re more than just words, they define what we do and how we do it, and they’re the values we expect to see in every single Globaller. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well- being and that of others.
Global Academy is committed to the welfare of its staff and offers a strong CPD package which allows all staff to share ideas and best practice. Global Academy is a state-funded school based in Hayes with state of the art facilities including 8 radio studios, 3 TV Studios, an Esports Studio and industry standard editing suites - allowing our students to learn the skills needed to make it in the media and broadcast industry.
We work closely with our industry connections to ensure the skills we teach are the ones companies are looking for and our students leave the academy with a network of contacts along with the ability to progress into further education or employment.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.