Autism Specialist Teacher
- SEND School
- September 2018 start
- £120 - £140 per day- Supply fixed contract Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a part time Autism Specialist Teacher for Autism School to join our successful supply team and to work in a local setting in Kirklees.
This will be a part time role working up to 4 days with KS1 and 2 students who have Autism.In this setting we are looking for a committed and motivational practitioner to join their successful team.
The school specialises in catering for students with Autism and have a driven and successful teaching and management team. The Autism Specialist Teacher position can be very challenging however also very rewarding. Teachers for Autism Schools play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students’ academic learning.
The successful Autism Specialist Teacher will have excellent knowledge of working with young learners in similar settings, and ideally will have worked with children with challenging behaviour. The desired Autism Specialist Teacher will be team teach trained however this is not essential as Vision offer regular CPD training free of charge.
You must hold QTS (Qualified teacher status) for this role!To be considered for this Autism Specialist Teacher position you must:
- Have experience supporting young learners in similar settings
- Have a genuine desire to make a difference in young learners lives
- Have a passion to help children achieve their full potential
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Autism Specialist Teacher you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a passionate Autism Specialist Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team on 01484 642928
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.