Required Autism Specialist Teacher to lead the New Additionally Resourced ASD Primary Phase Provision at Holway Park Primary School Taunton This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a new project, helping to create additional provision for children with autism. The successful candidate will need vision, passion, determination and a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to change. We are looking for someone who is ambitious for all the children and young people to achieve positive outcomes.
The ideal Teacher will;
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) • Have experience working with primary aged pupils with ASD
• Have previous experience working with individuals with challenging behaviour
• Have previous experience of working with pupils with significant social and communication difficulties
• Have a passion for developing the social and emotional development of young people
• Have a resilient character
This post is not suitable for NQTs
Holway Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and debarring check. Holway Park is an equal opportunities employer. If you have lived or worked abroad for more than three months since you were 18 you will need to apply to the country where you lived for a police check. We will help you do this but you will need to pay any costs.
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th February 2018 Interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd February 2018
Please note CVs will not be accepted for this position.
Application forms should be submitted on line to SJBrewer@educ.somerset.gov.uk
Please see our school website for further details.