Autism Specialist Teaching Assistant
- SEND Client school in Kirklees
- Immediate or June 2018 start
-£65 - £70 (per day - depending on experience)
-1:1 support worker role
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a full time Autism Specialist Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply support team and to work in a local Autism / ASD setting in Kirklees. This will be a full time 1:1 role working with a variety of students who have Autism.
In this setting we are looking for a committed and motivational practitioner to join their successful team. The school specialises in catering for students with Autism and have a driven and successful teaching and management team. The position can be very challenging however also very rewarding. 1:1 Support workers play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students’ academic learning.The successful Support worker will have excellent knowledge of working with young learners in similar settings, and ideally will have worked with children with challenging behaviour. The desired support worker will be team teach trained however this is not essential as Vision offer regular CPD training.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have experience supporting young learners in similar settings
- Have a genuine desire to make a difference in young learners lives
- Have a passion to help children achieve their full potential
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Behaviour Support worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a passionate Autism Specialist who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment / school setting then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team in Huddersfield today on 01484 642928