Behaviour and Achievement Mentor (2 posts)
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time, plus 2 weeks)
Grade H5, SCP 20-23: Salary £18,002.58 to £19,634.27
Inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Could you be an enthusiastic and inspirational Behaviour and Achievement Mentor who would like to join an academy rated as Good by Ofsted? If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best then this is the job for you.
As an Behaviour and Achievement Mentor you will work work with students across all age ranges in order to further raise their self-esteem, aspirations and academic performance. You will be proactive, positive, consistent and fair, and will have excellent communication skills. You will be responsible for supporting key positive behaviour strategies, development of effective mentoring relationships with both children and their parents/carers, and will work closely with teaching and support staff on strategies and interventions which will positively impact on students’ achievement and wellbeing.
We can offer:
- Professional development opportunities
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
- A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
- An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
- Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
- The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
- A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Please visit our website http://thebusheyacademy.org/recruitment/current-vacancies for a job description and application form. Your application form and letter of application should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9am 18th June 2018
Interviews: Thursday 28th June 2018
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.