KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Behaviour Manager to join our growing academy.
The Behaviour Manager will support the Assistant Principal - Behaviour and the pastoral team working vertically across all year groups in the academy, providing operational support to Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Directors of Learning (DoLs).
- To set up and manage KAA internal alternative provision for students with behaviour needs.
- To have an overview of the range of barriers to learning that impact on student progress, with reference to behaviour and attitudes to learning in and out of the classroom.
- To support day to day management of student behaviour, acting as a role model for students and staff by demonstrating high quality pastoral care and support, rigorous expectations and a visible, professional presence with students.
- To work closely and collaboratively with all academy senior and middle leaders with regard to implementing academy behaviour systems.
- To monitor student behaviour and, where necessary, refer students to the academy’s therapy and learning mentor services, in order to improve behaviour and student well-being.
- To maintain strong communication with parents and carers to ensure the behaviour systems implemented within the school are supported and communicated clearly to parents.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am Wednesday 13th December 2017
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.