Behavioural Support Assistant for PRU facility in Calderdale October 2017 start (Supply role through Vision for Education)
- Vision are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Calderdale as they look to appoint a confident and driven Behaviour support assistant to support students that are unable to attend mainstream school for a variety of reasons.
- Work will be 8:30 - 3:30 Monday to Friday each week (there may be some flexibility to a part time role for the right candidate).
- The role will predominately be working on a 1:1 basis with students encountering challenging behaviours. The facility caters for male pupils only who mainly all have SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties) and are unable to be in mainstream schools.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be outgoing and committed
• Have the ability to build good relationships with others
• Have experience in similar settings
The successful Support Assistant will be working 1:1 offering pastoral and practical support, facing new situations every day so it is important that you are adaptable and remain confidential at all times.
Previous experience within a similar setting would be preferred. Ideally you will have a Team Teach qualification yet again this isn’t essential as Vision will offer free courses for the successful candidate.
This role can be extremely challenging but highly rewarding engaging with vulnerable young people, families and other agencies to help them develop and achieve.
To apply for this opportunity, or to discuss this further please contact the Huddersfield office or email your current CV.