Behaviour Support Assistant
TSAT Grade D
£20,045 - £22,561 full-time equivalent (pro-rata to £16,969 - £19,099 for the hours and weeks stated)
37 hours per week
39 weeks per year (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress and was Runner up in the TES ‘ Employer of the Year 2018 Awards'
As Behaviour Support Assistant, you will work alongside the Student Services manager, helping to ensure that the Student Services provision operates in an efficient and effective manner and ensuring that every child is supported to achieve their full potential. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of punctuality, attendance, learning and behaviour, and assist with the provision of administrative support for Student Services.
We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT). View our latest video to gain an insight into The Victory Academy. http://bit.ly/2sWSWMw
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Experience of working with children aged 11-18.
• Experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour and an ability to motivate and encourage pupils.
• Experience of resolving conflict and facilitating mediation between young people.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people including pupils, staff, parents and external professionals.
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
• An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
• Good general standard of education at level 2 or above, including L2 English and Maths
• Knowledge of current child protection and safeguarding practice.
• Good ICT skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Additional skills and experience:
• Experience of working with children aged 11-18 in a school setting.
• Good ICT skills including use of SIMS and Behaviour Watch.
• Further qualification in working with children, young people and families.
• Participation on courses relevant to supporting pupils who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience of working with or in alternative provision.
• Knowledge of support services available to young people.
What we can offer you:
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
• A free healthcare package including physiotherapy, private and confidential well-being support, counselling, a 24 hour GP helpline, and much more
• Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way;
• Optional healthcare scheme at reduced rates
• Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.